Back in January of 2016, I did something crazy (or at least, it felt crazy at the time!)… I started painting in my Bible. I’d watched video tutorials, so at least I had some inkling what I was doing. But still, I was terrified.
I was afraid I’d make a terrible mess of the Bible page, but I did it anyway, because I was determined to give this “Bible journaling” thing a try.
Little did I know, how art journaling would transform my understanding and appreciation of God’s Word! Four years later, I have a Bible full of bookmarked pages, with Scripture passages etched into my memory, and that I can easily refer back to. I’m ever more in awe of God’s love and mercy, and ever more falling in love with His Word.
If I could name only ONE good thing that Bible art journaling does for me, it’s this: That it helps burn the Scriptures into my brain, in a visual way so that I can remember them much more easily.
The bottom line is, Bible journaling has helped me grow so much in my relationship with God and my knowledge of Scripture, I want that for you too! With this challenge, I hope to encourage you to dive deeper into God’s Word.
How do you feel about painting in your Bible?
There is a reason you’re here, on this page, right now. Maybe you’ve never tried Bible journaling before…or you’re a new Christian, and have barely begun to study God’s Word…or you’ve been Bible journaling for years, and are excited for a new challenge to expand your knowledge of Scripture.
No matter what your starting point is, this challenge is for YOU!
Even if you’re new to art journaling, and you feel petrified as I was. Even if you’re not sure if you want to start journaling, yet. If you have a journaling Bible, or you don’t. If you have tons of art supplies, or none at all.
You only need ONE thing to participate in this challenge: A desire to explore God’s Word through creativity, and to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. Or, to put it in simpler terms, you only need curiosity to learn more about God, and an open heart and mind.
As far as supplies go, if you have a Bible, a notebook, and a pen or pencil, you’re golden. If you want to take it a step further, you can purchase a journaling Bible and some art supplies—but don’t worry about that right now… Once you’re signed up for the challenge, I’ll send you an e-mail with a link to my favorite journaling supplies, in case you want to buy new supplies.
The Bible Journaling Challenge:
- Is a FREE four-week email series!
- Includes a topic for each week, with three verses related to the topic, so you can choose which verse you’d like to journal.
- And with each week’s topic, I’ll include a brief discussion, explanations/commentary about each verse, and ideas and suggestions for your journaling.
- This challenge won’t tell you exactly how to do your journals; instead, I want to spark your creativity and let you decide on the details. So, if you want to use colored pencils for week 1, and someone else wants to use pastels, you each have creative freedom to do that.
- Includes a private Facebook group for discussion, sharing, and extra support. ❤️